In my view the national and local organisations which are involved in finding permanent homes for children in the care system should be applauded for trying to facilitate the placement of children with suitable parents. There are a number of new (to the UK) ideas being trialled and hopefully they will make a difference. Will there be teething troubles, will there be down-sides to counterbalance the up-sides, will mistakes be made along the way? Almost certainly but at least the system is trying and hopefully it will learn from experience.
- First4Adoption pages on concurrent planning
- First4Adoption pages on fostering for adoption
- CORAM concurrent planning pages
- Barnardos concurrent planning pages
- Caritas concurrent planning pages
- Babyfirst Adoption concurrent planning pages